Triphala is an Ayurvedic herbal healer that gently detoxes the body, balances the body’s elemental components, and nourishes the nerves, the digestion, the cells. The word triphala means “three fruits”. It is composed of:
1. Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis) has powerful natural anti-oxidant properties and is the highest natural source of vitamin C in the world, according to a study published in the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. It has up to 445mg per 100g (20 times the vitamin C in an orange). It boosts the immune system. Another study published by The Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences in India shows that Amalaki
reduces inflammation and edema.
2. Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula) is a natural antiseptic. It rejuvenates the heart and the brain and purifies the blood. When added to water and gargled, it has been known to fight streptococcus bacteria.
3. Bibhitaki (Terminalia Belerica) detoxes the liver, nourishes the throat, vocal chords, eyes, hair, heart and skin. It purifies the blood and reduces inflammation. It is also high in tannins which prevent cellular damage and protect against heart disease and cancer.
Triphala cleanses and detoxes the body at the deepest organic levels without depleting the body’s reserves.
The combination of Triphala’s fruits helps:
1. Detox the entire body
2. Improve digestion
3. Cleanse the colon
4. Correct constipation and gas
5. Improve nutrient absorption
6. Increase circulation
7. Clean the blood
8. Remove harmful bacteria
9. Reduce inflammation
10. Improve metabolism
11. Reduce body fat
12. Control weight gain
13. Detox the muscle tissue
14. Remove excess water from the body
15. Reduce cholesterol
16. Improve liver function
17. Improve vision
18. Cleanse the gallbladder and kidneys
19. Cleanse the skin
Triphala is included in all of City Wellness Spa’s Ayurvedic treatments to help you feel purified, lighter, and rejuvenated!
To see a listing of Ayurvedic Body Treatments available at City Wellness Spa Click Here. You can book your appointment online or by calling (904) 671-2860.