SUNFLOWER SEED PATE
Yield: 2 small loaves
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 onion, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and coarsely chopped into 1 inch or smaller pieces
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1-2 cloves garlic OR ¼ teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 – 1 ½ teaspoons dried herbs—sage, basil, oregano or Marjoram, herbs de province (my favorite)
Preheat oven to 350°. Place seeds in a food processor and process until lightly ground. Add onion and potato pieces and pulse to combine and chop together. Add all remaining ingredients and puree until very smooth. Pour into two greased 6 x 3 inch loaf pans.
Bake 1 hour or until set. Cool thoroughly, remove from pans carefully and wrap well in plastic.
Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Great with Finn Crisp & Dijon
Recipe Courtesy of Nancy Thelen